top of page

Document Center

Business / Consumer

Aldermanic Acknowledgement Letter Form - Building Permit

Consumer Fraud Complaint
If you have been scammed, the City’s Business Affairs & Consumer Protection/BACP prosecutes businesses for unlawful business practices. In some cases, BACP may collect restitution for the consumers who have been ripped off.


Once a complaint is filed, either online or by calling 311, the consumer will be mailed a complaint affidavit in which the consumer explains what occurred in detail.


It also requires a notarized signature so that BACP can begin to investigate the case. It is important that this competed affidavit be mailed back within the allotted time frame so the investigation can begin.

Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection complaint categories:


Illinois Attorney General Office/Lisa Madigan


Permit for Garage-Yard & Neighborhood Sales

Please fill out the form and bring to 16th Ward Office with your state issued ID or drivers license along with a utility or tax bill. The address must be the same on all documentation.

Permit & Petition for Block Parties

The Block Party Permit can be filled out and returned to the 16th Ward Service Office. Please write your email on the bottom of the form. Your permit will be emailed to you. The Fire Department and the Police Canine Unit will be notified of your event when the Permit is accepted by CDOT. You will not receive confirmation of their attendance. This is a first come first serve basis and also depends on their work load for the day. Only block parties that have been active for at least one year are eligible for street closure.

Jumping Jack Online Application

Register to Vote & Change of Address

Sewer Charge Exemption for Senior Citizens Single-Family Dwelling Homeowners

MeterSave Program (to request a water meter)

Driveway Permit–Residential  

Driveway No-Parking Signs

City of Chicago Claim Form
bottom of page